**FOR CURRENT REVIEW TEAM MEMBERS**:
To turn in a review link and/or request the next book you’d like to review, CLICK HERE!
Terms & Conditions for New Members
Before you sign up, there are a few things you NEED to do in order to be on the Review Team:
- You NEED to know how to get a link/URL to your reviews – CLICK HERE to view a short video (less than 2 min) on how to get an Amazon permalink.
- You NEED to have a valid email address – You will submit your review links via email and you will receive your free ebook download links via email. If you unsubscribe from the Review Team mailing list you will not receive any further books.
- You NEED to have an eReader device (or computer) – All team members MUST have either a Kindle device, iPad, Nook, or similar. All ebooks will be available for download in ePub, MOBI, or PDF formats only.
- You NEED to post reviews!
If you are okay with the above Terms and Conditions of joining my Review Team, then just fill out the form below. Thank you!
IF YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER OF MY VIP COVEN: You DO NOT have to fill out the form below. You can contact me and ask me to update your records OR you can CLICK HERE and submit a review link and say, “Yes! I’d like to be on Rue’s Review Team” and I will update your account. ?
PLEASE NOTE: For audiobooks, you MUST have an Audible account, which you can easily create for FREE using your Amazon login. You DO NOT have to have a monthly subscription, so you can decline those nagging prompts to get one when you signup. I’ll be gifting the audiobook through Audible, so you’ll also claim that through your regular email address.
You do not have to leave a 4- or 5-star review. Nor do you need to leave a huge review. I’m not expecting book reports. Even a single sentence is fine if you’re not big on words, however “Good read” is not what I have in mind either. What I’m hoping you’ll do is share things that other readers might find useful in making a decision about whether or not to buy my books. For example, one or all of the following…
- What you liked and/or disliked about the book
- Would you recommend it and to whom (i.e., fans of _____ would enjoy this)
- Perhaps a favorite character or part of the story (but not a spoiler!)
- What you hope to see in coming stories or what you wished could have been in the book (i.e., you wished you could have learned more about a character or a backstory, etc.)
- Include the phrase, “I voluntarily reviewed a gifted copy of this book,” at the end of your review. Phrases that include “in exchange for a review” are NO LONGER acceptable to Amazon.
What I’m hoping you WILL NOT do is . . .
- Retell the entire story and plot-line of the book – it takes away the surprises. The blurb of the book gives a story summary, so re-summarizing is just repeated information and not very helpful to potential readers.
- Reveal spoilers. If you gasped or thought, “Whoa! I didn’t see that coming!” then please do not share it. It ruins the experience for other readers.
- REALLY short reviews. “Good read” or “I liked it” doesn’t help anyone in deciding if this book is something they should try.
I want your honest opinion, so I’m not trying to control that, but I am trying to help you preserve the experience for someone else, and what is posted by you will be some of the first reviews new readers will see. Let them enjoy the books with the freshness you were able to savor them or give them enough information to decide if they should try the books. Thank you!
If you’re still not sure you want to join the team, please read the FAQs below. They might clear up a few things.
Sorry you have to go through all this to request a free book in exchange for a review. You can thank all the freeloaders for ruining it for everyone else.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHY won’t you send me the eBook file (Word .doc) directly?
Due to recent pirating issues, I’ve had to resort to sending eBooks directly through BookFunnel, which is the only way to safely distribute eBooks without giving the eBook file directly to a user. I know it sucks! But because there have been so many readers who are either getting these files and passing them on to all their friends and family OR WORSE, they’re sharing them on websites or Facebook groups, I’ve had to crack down on the way I give out my books for free. If you know of a better way for me to safely distribute eBook files, then please let me know! But please DO NOT insist that I send you the actual eBook files or you will be removed from my entire mailing list. Sorry.
How much time do I have to turn in a review?
Short Answer: As much as you need. When you join the team, you’ll get The Courage of Kahu for free, via a BookFunnel link. There is no time limit on this book. The link to the review you write for that book will be what you turn in to request another eBook of your choice from my backlist. When you request another eBook to review, just send an email to me or my assistant and you’ll get your next eBook download link. The review links are only required if you want another free eBook. When you turn those in is up to you. But the faster you read my books and post a review, the faster you’ll get the next one to read. ?
How do I turn in a Review?
CLICK HERE to send in your link and we’ll update our records…and probably gush with enthusiastic appreciation. We’ll review the link you send and then send you the next download link if all checks out! eBooks are usually sent 24-48 hours after receipt (or sooner). Thank you!
Where should I leave a Review?
Anywhere you’d like! Amazon is one of the best places, but I know not everyone likes to leave them there and some people can’t due to the recent bans Amazon has been doing. The second best place for you to post a review is on your blog! You can also leave a review at iBooks, GoodReads, Facebook or anywhere else you can directly link to your review! I’m not picky! I just need people to see you had an opinion about the book AND I need to be able to easily find it! Thank you!